What better way to train your mind than with riddles? Riddles will challenge your mind as you try to figure them out. They can come in form of questions, statements or even short stories. Answering Riddles can help you prepare for interview questions in your future career. Below are some engaging brain teaser riddles that you can try to train your mind. Don’t worry, we’ve provided you with the solutions to save you declaring these as unsolvable riddles.
Riddle 1: Everyone wants more of it to feel special, yet the more you have of it, the less special you feel.
Riddle 2: What English word has three consecutive double letters?
Riddle 3: Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
Riddle 4: There are three boxes, one containing only apples, another containing only oranges and the third box containing both apples and oranges. The three boxes have been incorrectly labelled. You then open one box, and without looking, you take out a piece of fruit. By looking at the fruit, how can you correctly label the boxes?
Riddle 5: What word in English does the following:
- The first 2 letters indicate a male.
- The first 3 letters signify a female.
- The first 4 letters mean a great.
- The entire word implies a great woman.
Riddle 6: What English word is always spelled incorrectly?
Riddle 7: If you were running a race and passed the person in second place, what place would you be in now?
Riddle 8: A taxi driver is driving the wrong way on a one-way road. He then passes four policemen, but none of them stops him. Why?
Riddle 9: You have a match, a candle, a kerosene lamp, and a fireplace. Which do you light first?
Riddle 10: A man rode into the city on Tuesday. He then left two days on Tuesday. How can this be possible?
- When you are young, you think you know everything and have life figured out. But as you grow older and wiser, you realize that there is much to know about life.
- Stop Imagining it. When you have a hint that trouble may come, you tend to prophesy how you will not be able to solve it. However, you need to be a little positive and not allow your mind to take you to that lonely place all the time.
- Begin with the box labeled “Apples + Oranges” and since it is wrongly labeled, then it means it contains either oranges or apples only. Pick a fruit from that box and label the box depending on what comes out from it. For instance, if it is apples, move the “Apples” label to that box and you are left with two incorrectly labeled boxes.
Go to the box labeled “Oranges” and since it is incorrect, then it can only mean that it contains “Apples + Oranges”. The last box contains oranges.
- This is a tricky yet easy riddle. You just need to think of a word that holds all the others.
- 2nd You passed the person in 2nd place and not the first place.
- The taxi driver is on foot.
- The match
- The man’s horse is called Tuesday.
Riddles are a great way to challenge your mind and intuition. The above riddles without answers will need you to think outside the box and leave you scratching your head. Try to answer them without looking at the answers in order to test your mental acuity. You can also challenge your family and friends with these clever riddles.